Friday, February 27, 2009

"Sometimes it is there, and sometimes it is not"


Yesterday, as I continued my Harry Potter marathon, I read about the wonderful Room of Requirement - a magical roomAdd Image which can only be discovered by someone who is in need. " 'It is a room that a person can only enter,' said Dobby seriously, 'when they really have need of it. Sometimes it is there, and sometimes it is not, but when it appears, it is always equipped for the seeker's needs'...". The room only appears if you walk by the wall thinking hard about what you really need. Harry currently needs it to hold his Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons, but the room changes for anyone depending on their need.

I started thinking about my own room of requirement (ROR)...what would be in it? where would it be? The more I thought, I realized that I don't really NEED anything right now. Sure, there are things that I WANT for sure, but luckily, I am happy to say that if I walked by this room, I don't think it would appear. I think, that if I ever do need it, it would be filled with friends and family to help get me through. So, I guess my ROR is not there, for now. It's comforting to know my room would be full, if ever the time comes.

What would your ROR look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment