Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I love reading blogs, but wasn't sure what I would write about if I started one. Two of my close friends recently started blogging. One is moving to another country and wanted to chronicle her trip (obviously a very interesting topic with much to write about. The other wants to keep hers anonymous, so I haven't read it but she tells me its less of a personal account and more postings of an interest of hers.

The other morning I stumbled across a blog about book publishing and was inspired. I have recently decided I'd like to get into the book publishing field and have contemplated moving to NYC to enter the industry, or at least grad school. I currently have a great job as an editor, but I'd like to eventually end up in books. So, although many of the books blogs I've encountered come from a viewpoint of someone already in the industry, mine will come from a different angle. I plan to keep this blog anonymous, but am sure to drop some personal touches in as well. I'm going to keep this introduction some-what open-ended as I'm not sure exactly how this blog will develop, but I look forward to seeing where it will go.

I hope to do some reviews, or at least up-dates on the books I'm currently reading. Right now it's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

So I'm a little late jumping on this bandwagon. I'm not one to go out and buy the latest best-seller, but my friend hooked me on the Twilight series a few months back, which I become obsessed with and read all four in about 3 months. So afterwards I decided I really should check out the classic that is Harry Potter - and let me tell you, I am hooked! I have seen a few of the movies (including watching the end of the latest movie over Christmas, which I knew would be somewhat of a spoiler for some of the books), but I am addicted. The first three were great, however I definitely I liked the third the best so far. I've also seen the ending of the fourth movie, but as it is 700+ pages long, I'm sure many things were left out. My hope is to finish reading the series, and watch all the movies before the next movie is released this summer. At the rate I'm going, I think I'll make it!

I wonder if Sasha and Malia are fans?

No comments:

Post a Comment