Monday, June 15, 2009

Eat, Pray, Love

Summer time is making me a bad blogger. I feel like I am constantly on the go, and when I'm not, I don't want to be stuck inside, on my computer. But I'm muli-tasking right now (watching the Bachelorette) and remembered, oh yeah I used to blog. So this will be a quick post. I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and I absolutely love it. A few of my friends said they started reading it, but couldn't really get into it. My reaction has been the opposite, and I don't want to read it too fast, because I don't want it to end. I finally am diving head first into a nonfiction book: a recently divorced writer leaves her life in American behind to "find herself" by experiencing pleasure in Italy, devotion in India and a balance in Indonesia.

Maybe it's because I am in limbo as to where my life is going right now, but I find myself relating to this book and constantly marking pages and passages. So while I'm finishing the book I'll just share a few that stuck out:

"But I felt a glimmer of happiness when I started studying Italian, and when you sense a faint potentiality for happiness after such dark times you must grab onto the ankles of that happiness and not let go until it drags you face-first out of the dirt- that is not selfishness, but obligation. You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.

No comments:

Post a Comment