Monday, June 22, 2009

Pray = India

I've reached the India portion of Eat, Pray Love. I'm back in lazy blogger mode, so here is a quote from that section that seemed appropriate, especially as my 25 (I'll be old) birthday rapidly approaches:

"Life, if you keep chasing it so hard, will drive you to death. Time-when pursued like a bandit-will behave life one; always remaining one county or one room ahead of you, changing its name and hair color to elude you, slipping out the back door of the motel just as you're banging through the lobby with your newest search warrant, leaving only a burning cigarette in the ashtray to taunt you. At some point you have to stop because it wont. You have to admit that you can't catch it. That you're not supposed to catch it. At some point, as Richard keeps telling me, you gotta let go and sit still and allow contentment to come to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment