Wednesday, July 15, 2009

She's Got Electric Boots a Mohair Suit


This past weekend was my undoing, and one of the best I've had in a while! Friday night I spent the entire night either on a boat drinking, or on a bus drinking. All I'll say is that it got a little intense. Unfortunately I was a bit more hungover than I would have liked to see the Elton John/Billy Joel concert I have been waiting for since I got the tickets back in February! Despite a little rain before hand, the night turned out beautiful and I had the privilege of listening to these two piano men serenade me for more than 3 hours. I have to say it was one of the best concerts I've been to. There was nothing over the top (except when Elton John's piano "broke"), but these guys don't need anything else. They can sit there, not say a word to the crowd and just play and their songs and music speak for themselves.


Despite all the fun I had this weekend, I was left feeling dizzy (literally for a few days). I thought it may just be exhaustion, but went to the doctor to find out that it was something a little more than that. Nothing unmanageable, but just one more thing I have to deal with. So this weekend is the first weekend in a while that I don't have any major plans, and I'm so happy about it. I plan on spending LOTS of time laying out at the pool and finally finishing Eat, Pray, Love...reading three books at once is fun, but it is taking me all summer to finish this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment