Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Ugly Truth

I just came back from an advance screening of The Ugly Truth with Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler. I am in love with Gerard Butler and have never been to a screening so I was very excited. The movie was great, funnier than expected and I'd definitely recommend it. After the first few jokes I quickly realized there was not way this was a PG-13 movie, but I was cracking up the entire time.

After a great evening at the movies I got home to a nice surprise letter from my mom. I hadn't been feeling that great, and my mom sent me a card, in hopes that it would brighten up my day, and it did! The card has a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a month, get married. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help others." My mom signed the card by saying "I think the Chinese are pretty smart people."

I'd have to agree :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have gone!

    By the way, I'm back to blogging :) Check out my blog when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete