Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Moral Compasses and Dog Birthdays = 4th of July


I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! Thanks to our flex hours at work, we got a 4-day, much needed weekend. I celebrated with friends at a bar crawl in DC and then dragged myself outta bed Friday morning to make the trip to my aunt and uncle's river house. The rest of the weekend was full of relaxing on the water, eating and lots of drinking with the fam and friends. We even had a birthday celebration for my aunt and uncle's dog, Mickey (I am obsessed with their dog, maybe b/c I've never had my own?). Anyways, I think the highlight of the weekend was hearing my dad talking about how I needed to make sure I had and followed what he referred to as a "moral" compass" after one too many glasses of crown royal and something. 

In book news, I finished my latest book club book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. More to come on this after my book club meeting. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something different. It's written from the perspective of an autistic boy trying to figure out the mystery of who killed his neighbors dog. It's written different than any book I've read and really shows that despite the complexities in life, everything can really be simplified.

1 comment: