Thursday, April 9, 2009

Losing Sleep

Before bed I like to cuddle up with a good book. If I lay down and read it, I'll usually gently get tired and casually drift to sleep. If the writer is really good, it might take longer, but it's going to happen eventually. I think I figured out a new way to review my books....does the book keep you awake way past your bedtime? 

Last night I got to a turning point in Harry Potter (book 6 The Half Blood Prince). I could not stop reading, despite the sheer exhaustion I felt from a long day of work, errands and the gym. As it was nearing midnight, I had to reason with myself and force myself to put the book down. (I know midnight is not that late for some of you, but I need LOTS of sleep to function. The randomness of this post will attest to that.) I am in complete suspense about what will happen next. The worst part is I know I wont have time until at least late tomorrow night to pick it up again.  Despite my frustration, its been a long time since a book kept from sleeping, so thank you J.K. Rowling.

And now a random quote from the book that I enjoyed:
"Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth"

No comments:

Post a Comment