Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Lost Symbol


I think I've read all of Dan Brown's books to this point. I read The Da Vinci Code and was hooked. After Angels and Demons I even went to his other books like Digital Fortress and Deception Point.
Brown's talent isn't in the phrasing or beautiful use of words. Brown is able to take an interesting plot line, build intense suspense and keep you wanting more. I don't read a passage and stop and ponder its meaning, turn a page or break out my highlighter (yes, I do that), but I read through at a rapid pace because I can't wait to see what will happen.

After I read all his books, I remember seeing the movie (it was alright), and now am anticipating Angels and Demons (I like that one even better than Da Vinci Code). I was so happy to find out that Brown has a new book, The Lost Symbol, scheduled to be released in September. Now, I don't even care what the premise of this book is (which does feature Robert Langdon from Da Vinci Code)...I'm going to read it. And Publishers Weekly is even toting it as a much-needed boost to the publishing industry in general.
This announcement comes conveniently weeks before his Angels and Demons is released in the theaters (with Ewan McGregor, yay!). I, for one, can't wait for the movie and the new book!


No comments:

Post a Comment