Thursday, May 7, 2009

Exactly Where I'm Supposed to Be


Will it ever stop raining? I think it's been raining here everyday for over a week now. Occasionally, I like a rainy day. Not to be a pessimist, but a break in the sunshine every now and then is nice. But 7 straight days with rain? No thank you. Last night, though, it thunderstormed. I really love those first thunderstorms of the season (before you get sick of them b/c you've lost power for the 3 day in a row, or you are caught outside in one).

Last night, I was reading the last Harry Potter and listening to the thunder and torrential downpour of rain, and I just felt very content. I know that I'm in a transition period right now. I've been in DC long enough to get somewhat adjusted, but to also question my desire to live other places, experience other things. But last night sitting in my room, listening to the rain, I knew I am exactly where I'm supposed to be, for now.

So far the seventh HP book has been an emotional roller coaster (especially after another shocking death, that I am still very upset about). Harry keeps experiencing highs and lows, break throughs and set backs in equal measure. But last night, I think I got to a turning point in the book where he realizes he needs to stop the ups and downs, and accept what lies ahead, although it might not be completely clear currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment