Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day

Due to the disgusting pollen that has blanketed my world lately (my car, my window sill, my throat), I am staying home on a Friday night. This is unheard of by me, as I like to really soak up the weekends. However with the threat of swine flu floating around, I think it's best for myself and everyone else that I stay home, rest and wake up healthy tomorrow. Granted, I went out Wednesday and Thursday, so a night of good sleep is necessary.

On a happier note, it's May! Did you know that May Day is an actual holiday? I had no idea either, until I was bored at work and googled it. "May Day marks the end of the uncomfortable winter half of the year in the Northern hemisphere, and it has traditionally been an occasion for popular and often raucous celebrations, regardless of the locally prevalent political or religious establishment."

Alright, so I'm not having a raucous celebration, but I will rectify this situation tomorrow night. Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment