Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

I wish I had 4-day weekends more often. This past long weekend was wonderful, full of good friends and way too much food and drink. One of my friends and I like to do something called "recapping," so I'll recap my very long and fun weekend:
  • I rarely make it into the actual city, but I went there two nights in a row! Nothing is better than going to happy hour knowing that you don't have to work the next day.
  • If you live in DC, you must go to Lauriol Plaza. It's delicious and has great drinks. The frozen swirl margarita = yummy!
  • Saturday and Sunday I went to two great BBQs involving, grilled shrimp, chicken, dogs and burgers. And yes, I ate all of the above.
  • Playing drunk wiffle ball is harder than playing drunk kickball I think, but so fun.
  • Night at the Museum 2 is just as good, if not better than the first movie.

On top of all my fun eating and drinking escapades, I also had some time to lay out. No, not at a pool, just in the small patch of grass outside my department. Despite not getting much of a tan, I did get through a lot of This Side of Paradise. This book is far different from many of the books I've read recently, but its I think I kind of like it b/c it is so different from many of the books I've read. There isn't really an apparent plot yet, just describing a young man's coming of age. More on this when I finish it up.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment